Sunday, February 28, 2010

I love saturdays

This would be why...
I started the day out by making cinnamon rolls from scratch (the pioneer woman's recipe and yes it was my splurge day) I made a big batch (even though I halved her recipe It would have made 7 pie pans full if I didn't!!!) It was great but next time a bit less sugar, a different yeast and I will use maple flavoring in the frosting instead of maple syrup. Anyway they were still great and I will definitely make them again. I had one then I packed up the big cake pan of them and drug them out to my favorite local yarn store (knitters palette) to share them. I knit there while the hubby worked out and fire monster was in the daycare.
It was great relaxing and I got quiet a bit done. I also made huevos ree-os since the cinnamon rolls were quiet a long process. It was great Ben and the fire monster loved them. She ate two lol. I had one on a 1 point bagel. (had to save my calories for the roll) anyway. It was a great start to the day. We swung to my hubby's Friends for a quick visit for his birthday and now I am .home watching deadliest catch and going to work on my project.
yummm...



here is link to recipe the the cinnamon rolls
here is the up close pic





This is the Juliana I am working on. It is a free berroco pattern.
it is gorgeous but here is the crazy part in between all the lacy parts is a stitch that will be dropped and allowed to unravel all the way to the beginning leaving a ladder. I chose to add a extra stitch in between the lace portion to have the portion in between ladders be more substantial looking. I also knit like 3 or 4 swatches and let me tell you if you are off by one stitch anywhere when you go to drop that stitch it will leave a huge hole in your knitting. ban news right so I am being super careful and I am using more stitch markers then usual.
Well guys long day I am exhausted and I really want to get some sleep my weekend is over now because the hubby works Sunday mornings and I will have to get up with the fire monster (not even monkey butt is here to help me out and grab her a muffin lol. ) So I am off to get some well needed beauty rest and dream of the cinnamon rolls me and fire monster will split for breakfast lol. Have a great weekend guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment