Monday, March 29, 2010

blue berry sourcream coffee cake...

So when I hosted the twilight birthday brunch I made this coffee cake and there were a few requests for the recipe, monkey butt is obsessed with it and the whole rest of the family and so I figured that this recipe is just too darn good to keep to my self. It is healthy too 3 ww points her slice. Since I sorta fudged the recipe I made pictures to illustrate then things I made up.


Here is what you will need to make the coffee cake light sour cream, polaner blue berry preserves, brown sugar, butter(slightly chilled), and Kruestez fat free blue berry muffin mix and 1c water what is not pictured here half c. flour (I used whole wheat flour) and a over preheated to 350

So the box mix comes with a can of blue berry's rinse them and set them aside. Then add 1c water to the mix and when mixed add berry's.




Then add three heaping spoons of light sour cream



Then three smaller heaping spoons of preserves



pour the mixture into a 8x8 pan I like to spray it with cake release so I can get it onto a platter.

Then you need to mix together half cup brown sugar half c whole wheat flour and quarter c butter. I find the easiest method for this is with your hands. and the butter is slightly chilled it is easier too.

Then sprinkle over the cake and bake at 350 for 45 minutes



This is the finished product

this is great and it is very moist and yummy...let me know how you like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment