Sunday, February 3, 2013

homemade 0 cal s.f. passion tea lemonade

I don't know about you guys but I am obsessed with the starbucks shaken passion tea lemonade.  I love that stuff.  But seeing as I don't have a starbucks with in a hour of me (actually more then that) I had to get creative this summer and come up with my own rendition of this little bad boy.

At first I followed some one else recipe that tasted more like the recipe but it still had allot of calories so I improvised. 

 My version is sorta a cross between the starbucks version and the sparkling caribou teas because it has some fizz. but unlike the 200 calorie and around 51 gram of sugar counter parts mine is 0 cal and sugar free! It is also caffeine free so I have been downing this stuff like there is no tomorrow for a nice treat for my prego bootie :) Here is what you need..
A box of tazo passion tea (I get this at my grocery store for 3$ and some change), a big pitcher, and a 2L of walmarts strawberry lemonade seltzer (.89 a bottle) .  

Now what you do is take unwrap 3 tea bags and tie the strings together in a knot.  
Now in the summer I would throw it in my ice tea pitcher on the porch for a few hours (or until I remember about it) but seeing as it is 16 degrees out side I don't think that would work.  So I toss a sauce pan of water on the stove and bring it to a boil  Set a timer for 5 minutes and let it steep. (removing it from the burner and turning off the heat after like one minute)  In the mean time I fill the glass ice tea container half way with cold water.  When the timer goes off I pour the tea concentrate into the water and fill the pitcher the rest of the way with water.   (This tea will be stored in your fridge.)
Okay to mix the drink fill your glass with ice then pour about half the glass full of the tea mixture
 Next fill it the rest of the way with the seltzer.
 After that you can add a artificial sweetener or another thing I love to do is add a bit of sugar free peach syrup.  Soo good!   I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do :)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment