Monday, July 26, 2010

5 minute to die pot pie

This is one of my families favorite recipes and it is soo easy and soo good. All you need to make a pot pie is: some pie crusts I choose not to make my own usually I just by refrigerated and I will tell you that Betty crockers is the best it is flakier and more buttery then the cheepos (this one was made with cheepo brand), a big can of cream of chicken soup (or two small if you want to use reduced fat that works too), Some cooked cubed boneless skinless chicken breast ( if you are in a real hurry you can buy the precooked stuff I usually just toss a few frozen ones in the crock pot in the afternoon with a pinch of sea salt and some pepper) and some veggies. We use broccoli allot but I have used a can of veg all many times too you can use what ever you like. You put the first pie crust in your pie pan and then mix all the other ingredients and pour them in. Now when I was on bed rest my brilliant hubby who was learning to cook put some cheddar inside the broccoli chicken potpie before putting the top on this was historic and has happened ever since. Put on the top and pinch edges with fork trim and put a few holes. I went a step further and sprinkled some Italian mixed shredded cheese on top. Bake 400 for about 10-15 minutes or so until golden and beautiful like this...



doesn't that look yummy??? It literally takes like 5 minutes to throw together and can be ready in less than 30!! You can wow people with this one and it is such a cinch. I love it and any one who has had it or who I have passed the recipe on to loves it. It is even the most kitchen uncoordinated can pull this one off.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment