Friday, September 3, 2010

I love bertrand louis/ best brownies

So I had been debating riping my 5th avenue infinity out because I was just never happy with it it rolled and made me crazy. So I was messing around on ravelry instead of doing my chores yesterday morning and saw Bertrand Louis. That was it what my beautiful malabrigo yarn needed to be. So I colored my girl friends hair and cut it then set to ripping 5th ave out. It was a chilly blustery day here in Minnesota so by 5 this afternoon I had myself a Bertrand Louis.



Bertrand Louis is a tube that can be worn as a hat or a cowl. It can be worn a couple different ways. Here is the ways I have found so far. It is very easy free pattern and reversible too.

this is with it folded over and tucked in the back
here is the top view of it worn like that...




Here is the back. If you look on ravelry some people wear it other ways too...




here it is pulled down as a cowl. It is rather lovely and I think I will get a ton of wear out of this through the winter. This chilly day has me in the mood for hat knitting and...brownies. Here is another recipe you will love and you will have to trust me on this one . Here is what you need..





your favorite brownie mix, a can of black beans (rinsed and drained) and 3/4 c water. You add the rinsed and drained black beans the the water and puree in the blender. add it to your mix and bake to the box directions. In mines case is is 325 for 45 minutes. Another tip is make a little hammock by folding some foil to fit into your brownie pan and non stick spray it. That way you can lift the brownies out and place on cooling rack right away so they don't continue to cook. and makes them easier to cut and serve also. :)






Here is the finished product they are 2 ww points a piece. They are moist and gooey and yummy. They taste nothing like beans but you don't add any of the unhealthy stuff to the mix. Don't tell any one and I guarantee you they won't even know :) let me know if you try them and what you think. I am off to snuggle up with my hubby yesterday made 5 years together so we are going to curl up and watch a movie while I start a new hat ;) night guys







No comments:

Post a Comment