Wednesday, September 8, 2010

prizes...

So there were some other things I whipped up while I was making my ring the other day. I made these pretty little stitch markers. I am keeping a couple but most of them I am putting up for a prize here on my blog here they are...






They are pretty beads and fit through up to a size 7 needle..






but then I put them on here and I had a stroke of genus. (these are some of the ones I am giving by the way :)




So I decided they can make a funky little pendant with one of my necklaces I picked up. So you can have your stitch markers with you all the time. :) I have a feeling this rough draft is only going to get better and more brilliant but I am putting this pretty little dodad up for a prize on my blog. You can always stick another pendant on like I did yesterday with my pretty painted shell pendant.



This is what is up for dibs. Just put your name in the running by posting a comment the drawing will be done on September 15 (monkey butts bday)



So when we went to the farm to visit the in laws for some reason my mother in law always sends me home with things I have no want or need for. Don't get me wrong and think me ungrateful..these are things that are usually expired and full of trans fat. The woman can't throw anything away. She is the same woman who a few trips ago had a entire bedroom floor of rotting tomatoes because she couldn't throw them out. I just got rid of the 10 bottles of trans fat syrup she sent home last year and expired frosting and it is back now although I did refuse the instant potatoes since I still have more then 2 boxes in my pantry. So one of the things our trunk was crammed full of this last trip was a hand full of these bad boys.


So I decided I better get making zucchini bread. For those of you who haven't had it, it tastes sorta like banana bread. You start by preheating oven to 350 then grate 3 c of zucchini. (I had to seed this big monster since it was the size of a pumpkin.) then add 1 2/3 c sugar 2/3 c oil 4 eggs and 2T vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together 3 c flour (now let me let you in on a secret if you have self rising which i have bought on accident before you can use that in recipes simply by omitting the baking soda and baking powder.that is what I used) then add 2t baking soda and
1/2 t baking powder 1t cinnamon and 1/4 unsweetened cocoa. add wet and dry together. It makes 2 loafs bake for 50 minutes.





Here is the finished product. Slice it, slap some butter on it and yum.







I am off to have a slice with a cup of tea and snuggle fire monster while watching harry potter3. By the way I finished hopes Taylor shrug and started a hurricane hat. Pics next post have a great day guys






1 comment:

  1. Pretty stitch markers and BRILLIANT to turn them into a necklace!

    And that is a huge zucchini.

    ReplyDelete