Thursday, February 11, 2010

The big valentines day date...

So here is the long story...



Seven years ago on Valentines Day way too early in the morning I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find a store that sold pregnancy tests because I was late. I was on birth control so I kept telling my self it was fine. I always went three months at a time and then took a week off to have a period but this time..it just never came. So here I was going nuts I had to drive a town over to find one (15 minutes each way). Then I went home ( I was living at my friends moms house it was very close quarters. I decided to bite the bullet and take the test...I was pregnant I was 21 and sleeping my a air mattress on my friends floor for god sake.. and the father ..well not the kind of father you want for your child. How was I going to handle this and on top of it all I was supposed to be meeting my sister for breakfast and she was going to be able to see right through me and then she would kill me, I knew it.



So needless to say it was a rough rough day one of the hardest days of my life. But I vowed that every year since then me and shelby have a very special date because even though that was one of the hardest days of my life she made every day since then one of the happiest of mine and I can't imagine life with out her. So there you have it the story behind our valentines day and Ben loves her so much he feels the same way (esp since it was his house I was living in and his sister in the shower when I took the test and he was there for it all) :)


So here is the view outside of the window on the fourth floor of the children's museum. This is from habitot where there is tiny kid friendly area and couch's and books. This was later in the day so it was very nice to sit.


Here is one of monkey butt working hard they designed this area specifically to make kids work together and play with out them even knowing it they grow these great skills it is one of her favorites and she could just sit there all day and send foam bricks up to the top floor or tossing them down to the bottom.
This is one of them in the ant hill being ants. :) cute and fun

Here is monkey butt being a turtle.
Here is the new dinosaur exhibit. Fire monster loved this one. She kept saying "he's scaring at me. Hes a bad boy" They freaked her out a little bit.

Here they are in the grocery store. Monkey butt always has to be the cashier and here is Fire monster doing the shopping.
Look at her go shopping her little booty off.
This is the Chinese restaurant in the area. She was taking my order and making me my food.

Here is Monkey butt with Fire monster pinning her down to make her a kitty like herself.

Here is the end product of the self face painting.
Here is monster butt doing one of her favorites in the water play area.

Well here was the end of the day warm chocolate cakes and ice cream (well lets be really it is fat free frozen yogurt) well it was a great day. I had a ton of fun with the sweet girls.and loved every minute of it. I even stayed with in my weight watchers points and fit in my work out. Now I am curled up in my bed with the lap top blogging and listening to undead and unappreciated on my ipod (the library download system is awesome). Tomorrow is the big day people knitting Olympics woohoo. see ya then.


No comments:

Post a Comment