Tuesday, April 30, 2013

f.o. baby cocoon, fuzzy tandom bike blanky, and practice diapers for big sis.

 It is hitting me that my kids have pretty much two weeks left of school, then I will have my hands full, When you figure fire monster only has school two days a week that makes it even less!  So I decided I better get busy on some projects and take advantage of my last few kid free days. I whipped out a few quick baby projects I have had on my list for a while today.

First off last night I finished Max's owlie cocoon. It is a great free pattern that can be found here.  I used one of my favorite soft easy care yarns berroco comfort.  It took less then one ball.  Happy with this and can't wait to see our little bug all snuggled up in it :)
 Next project I went on to was some practice diapers for Fire monster.  I used some scrap fabric and left over terry cloth from making burp rags.  I went off this tutorial  It doesn't give you much for a pattern So I winged it on my own and cut it out of a piece of freezer paper.  I made it to fit her baby cabbage patch dolls.  I still have to make the diaper wipe container and wipes but I think I will have one happy little mother hen for sure!

 Next project I finished was a baby blanky.  One side is tandem bike flannel the other side is soft furry stuff (I wouldn't call it minky it is more of a Sherpa type material)  I love this I might add a satin edging I might not.  These are soo simple you just sew it together wrong sides out leaving a gap big enough for your hand to fit through then flip it right side out making sure to use a pencil (or in my case knitting needle) to push the corners out and sew around the edge again. 
 I also knit this stegosaurus hat for the little peanut.  It is grey and robins egg blue berroco comfort and the pattern I used is roar  which I have knit quiet a few times before It always makes a cute baby boy gift and I look forward to seeing max in it. 

I have quiet a few other projects lined up on a little queue for  myself to get done for baby Max.  Right now it is time to throw something together for lunch for myself, then start my next knitting project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment