Monday, April 8, 2013

watermelon chiller/ new maternity swim suit

I have a few things to share with you.  First off if you have been following my weekly updates you know I have been craving watermelon regularly.  I decided to try something different and came up with this this weekend... It is my watermelon chiller.

 It is low cal and refreshing you could even make it 0 sugar added if you skip the juice.  Here are the ingredients.  I threw some of my watermelon cubes in the freezer, some strawberry lemonade seltzer (this can be replaced 7up or any lemon lime soda diet or regular) and some juice I chose strawberry kiwi because I thought the flavors would go together but you can do any kind you like of skip this all together for a extra lite drink.
1.Fill your cup with frozen watermelon chunks..

2. add a bit of juice like so..

3. fill up the rest of the way with seltzer to cover fruit..
Then just blend and you have this great non syrupy watermelon slushy.  No gut rot from too much sugar here.  If you aren't prego like me you could add a splash of alcohol and it would make a great cocktail but sadly this lady will be abstaining  from any of that action for a while still.
.

This is going to be a great summer beverage for beating the heat this summer ..speaking of summer someones maternity swim suit came this weekend..
Here it is in all its glory before I left to swim at the ymca with Fire Monster Saturday.  If you give this a shot let me know how you like it :) 

1 comment:

  1. Cute suit - and your watermelon/strawberry drink looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete