Saturday, April 9, 2011

dollar store diva does it again ( more dollar store projects giant paper poofs and wall art)

So I have been seeing these awesome giant paper poofs every where, hanging over tables hanging over kids beds and had to have some for my kiddos room. So I googled a tutorial was way easier then I thought. Here is the link I followed


here they are right after I finished. All you need is some floral wire one pack of wrapping tissue paper wash and some fishing line. I had most of that stuff so this cost me 3$ total.


aren't they cute in my monkey butts crazy room


I love it but I also am still working slowly on decorating and making the new house more homey inside. One place that is still super bare is the guest room. So I picked up a few wooden pictures of the virgin Mary (sorry Mary) and using some scrap booking paper then I just googled shapes I wanted for the design (shapes birds flying, shapes butterflys) printed those off and then cut them and traced them onto the scrapbook paper I glued some scrap book paper over (again sorry Mary) the virgin Mary and then got all the bubbles out with a credit card and glued the other shapes and words on top.


(we still don't have a bed frame for the guest bed we didn't used to have a guest bed before the move)


I hung them with 3m stickies


joy


hope


love


home


then for these I did fabric and heat activated fabric fuse transfers. I printed the design bigger and then I used a iron to iron them onto the wall. Here is the tutorial I used.


it was pretty easy and I just used scraps. I love it and will definitely do this again the fabric fuse stuff was about 2.50 a yard or 6$ something for a huge roll. (if you wanted to do a huge design) :) Love it! well I am off to cook dinner for all the ingrates I live with :) Hope your all having a great weekend :)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment