Monday, May 19, 2014

Chunky cozy knit throw

A while back I made one of the arm knit throws and I hated it.  It was pretty much worthless.  Yes it was chunky and quick but it snagged all the time and was good for nothing but sitting there.  So I decided to unravel it and redo it with my own pattern. 
 I love how it came out.


I love how this came out.


It is soft and cozy and I love the way it looks.
 It is chunky and fuzzy and perfect.

Everyone loves it.

 Cozy chunky knit throw
Materials needed: size 50 needles
6 skeins homespun quick and thick yarn.
finished product was 42''x62''
guage was 4x8 for 6''
Start by taking 3 skeins of yarn at a time and winding them into a ball.  This will make it easier to knit from since you will be knitting three strands at a time.  It will make a huge ball.  this is after I had knit about half of this one.  
Cast on 30 stitches and knit across row one.  
(you can do a few extra stitches if you want it wider and shorter you can cast on 35) 
purl the next row.  Keep alternating knit and purl rows to make stockinette stitch. When you come to the end of that ball wind the other three skiens and tie in and keep knitting stockinette  until reached desired length then bind off. 
I found the easiest way to weave in loose ends with to just reach through and weave with my fingers.  

 This was super quick I knit it up in the length it took to watch two movies with my girls.  :)  I hope you guys knit this and It keeps you and yours warm and cozy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment