Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thank you moms.

With the approach of mothers day I have had some things on my mind lately.  I am a stay at home mom.  I don't want you to think this is going to bash working moms.  I have been that too, but I am lucky enough that I get the choice to do what I want.  My heart is truly here in my home with my babies and my husband.  I am a home body at heart and it isn't for everyone, but it is for me. :)  That being said I have had some people lately act as if what I do is nothing and even implied that I sit on my butt all day in not such nice words. Even was appalled that my daughter would want to do what her mom does when she grows up!!!  Because I am unemployed and do nothing!!

I don't buy that and someone who would say something like that has one never spent a day with me, and has never done what I do.  I have known stay at home moms who don't stay at home, and who aren't there to take care of their home and children.   (mine being one)  We always had a filthy house (she was a hoarder) and We never had clean clothes, If we were home sick she had better places to be then to stay home and care for us, to say the least. When your moms a hoarder there are no sleep overs ,or play dates, or birthday parties.  I could tell you stories that would curl your hair.  We were the children who fell through the cracks of the system and lived in a unsafe home with a mentally unstable mom who beat us.  So I know not all stay at home moms are great. 


 I am a stay at home mom.  I keep a clean home (beds made, floors clean, laundry washed, bathrooms wiped down, dishwasher unloaded, clean, organized home).  I feed my children, I cook and bake and we go out to eat maybe once a week  for a break for me.  We have library day on wed, when the kids have a short school day.  We eat every meal at the table together as a family. We have special family time on the weekends to do things like swim bonfires sleep overs what not.  I love my children and I am glad I get to be here to see them get on the bus and am the first person I see when they get home.  I bake at least once a week, so they have a special treat to come home too.  I make them warm drinks on cold icky days. 

 I have been lucky enough to stay home and snuggle this sweet lovely baby every day of his live thus far and see every thing he is learning.  I didn't always get that choice with my girls.  I did work at points in their life and I missed things that I can never get back. 


 Yes my family could use a extra income besides my part time job (I am a breast feeding peer councelor).  We aren't wealthy we live paycheck to paycheck (when we are lucky) but you know what, I will budget, I will clip coupons, I will scrimp, and do what ever it takes to be here while my kids want me here.  I know all too well those days are short and I want to be there for them.

Every day isn't peaches and cream.  We have days that are ugly and there isn't enough coffee in the world some days. (that is how my coffee carafe made it in the cupboard the other day)

 We have days where it seems like all we do is fight.  I do expect my children to clean up after them selves and have chores and responsibilities, because they need to know how to take care of things in the real world when they get older.  Some day they will under stand why I have rules and expectations.   I am a hard ass but it is because I love them.
You don't get sick days you don't get thank yous allot of the time.  what you do gets over looked and the meals you work hard to cook are "gross" or go half eaten.  There aren't bonuses or promotions.  but I want them to know I will be there to dig them out of the situations they get them selves into..

I am not bragging or complaining.  I am just saying there are lots of moms out there who work their butts off to make sure that their husbands have a clean house and warm meal to come home to and their kids have memories with their families playing at home when they grow up.  If any of my children are lucky enough to stay home and care for their kids I would be proud and thrilled and take their kids for a night to give them a break because god knows I can't remember the last time I got one lol. 

To all you mamas working hard to make more good memories then bad and fighting off the ever growing mountain of laundry that always looms over you head. No matter if  you work outside the home and deal try to juggle this on your days off or work hard from home like me  I appreciate you and I hope you get enough hugs and love on mothers day that your cup flows over :)  hugs.




No comments:

Post a Comment