Wednesday, August 7, 2013

f.o. fire monsters kindergarten socks.

 So I haven't been entirely worthless and unproductive this week while watching shark week nonstop.  I did finish fire monsters kindergarten socks.   I was going to knit until I ran out of yarn but she made me stop when they were almost to her knees lol.  I had a good bit of yarn left.
I did them two at a time toe up in the method from cat brodhi's book Personal footprints for the insouciant sock knitters.  I have made lots of socks in this method because for one they fit like a glove and for two they are toe up which means when you aren't sure how much yarn you have you will always have enough.  you won't midway through the foot and realize you over estimated the amount of yarn you had.  
I used size 1 32'' circular needles in the magic loop method.  The yarn is premier yarns Deborah Norville serenity sock and it has 230 yards.  When I started the foot after the toe it had 48stitches and I knit 70 rows on the leg before doing 10 rows of 2x2 ribbing and binding off.  
She is super happy with them and wore them for a while this afternoon already while watching shark week of coarse lol.  I started a new pair of socks for her already.  Apparently my knitting mojo is back look out people ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment