Friday, December 3, 2010

mitts and hats

So Monkey butt is still sick and I am under the weather so my sweet hubby Benji took Fire monster to the gym so we could get a break. I thought I would take a quick minute to blog quick and share some things I just finished.
I saw these and I thought they were too cute I had to give it a try. I took a few shirts that had been passed down but I didn't think would get much wear and made them into this
For this I decided to spice it up by adding the little strap and buttons like this hat I knit.. and it just so happened that the design on the shirt was the perfect size for the top..
So I thought that was cute I might redo the bill thought I don't think it came out as nice as it should have. this was my second attempt..

Cute little blue one with the rosette. very cute I think though.

Then with all the sitting around with my girl I finished these for my sis for Christmas.



I cast on 40 st knit 5 rows 1x1 ribbing and knit until the length I wanted the thumb to hit at them I put in a 6 stitch 1 row button hole for the thumbs and knit until the length I wanted and knit 1x1 ribbing for 5 more rows then did a sewn bind off. (notice the mani is holding up great from the Tuesday not so much as a chip yet still fresh as a daisy)

Well ladies I am going to read a bit before my Fire Monster and Ben get home. :) I hope you are all doing well







No comments:

Post a Comment