Sunday, July 15, 2012

how to treat a sunburn (swear it works)

 Okay so yesterday we had our good friend graces birthday party a hour and half away at wild water west.  So if you are going to drive a hour and half to go to a water park and blow money to get everyone in you make a day of it right.  It was a blast we had a great time with our good friends and the day ended with everyone feeling like this ...

 and even though I slathered us all in spf 30 sport lotion and sprayed us down with spf 50 spray every time we got out of the pool some how I am the only one who wound up looking like this...

When I went to the bathroom at buffalo wild wings and saw my legs and the I was shocked!!! Wth how did that happen.  And I of coarse didn't have that great beachy look no I had a red forehead and other spots here and there.  So I sat down at the table and did what I always do when I don't know how to fix something I searched pinterest.  This is what I found.  So as soon as I got home I put some water on threw in two lipton ice tea bags (the only black tea I had on hand) and once it looked ready I thew in a ice cube tray and dipped a rag and started applying the tea to my burns.  I let it sit and soak on my legs the longest The rest of my body pretty much looks just fine today the only places that are still red are the places that got the worst of the burns for some reason.   So here is the after math..

See the only places that are still really red are where it was the deepest sunburn.  But the tea instantly made it feel cool and took the pain out.  I recommend this big time.  I also dabbed it on fire monsters cheeks because even though I was extra careful with her cheeks because of her scar they got a big pink.  Worked on those too.  Well good luck I hope this helps some people as much as it helped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment