Tuesday, August 2, 2011

more refurbs lamps, desks, and cubbies

Okay guys I have been hard at work and have lots of fun new refurbs to show you. This one was great. When I got this hobnail milk glass lamp at a thrift shop for two dollars the shade was UGLY and then metal was ruined too so I covered the milk glass and gave it a quick coat of silver spray paint.
Then recovered the ugly shade in this damask print and then used hot glue to attach the quilt binding for a finished look. I love love love it now



Then I finished painting the roll top desk ivory.

and added some pretty scrapbook papers to the back cubbies. I love this desk now. It is soo much more me then the old way it was. So happy with it and how it turned out. Totally worth all the blood sweat and tears.

One more project I took on this week was making seat cushions for the girls totes. I bough plywood and had them cut it to my specifications then using some quilt batting and a staple gun finished the job.

this makes them way more practical and the kids are loving them.

Well I promised to take the kids swimming then I have to get back to shark week ;) I rented soul surfer figured it was perfect to fit in with shark week. Have a good one guys.

1 comment: